Emerging wireless networking technologies will provide advanced quality of service classes, including very high data rates over millimeter-wave frequencies, low latencies for specific use cases, as well as seamless connections in scenarios with ever increasing mobility. In addition, these emerging technologies will open the door for novel applications such as new social or location-based services, as well as new architectures such as node-centric and information centric networks.
The workshop will focus on resource management in emerging wireless networking technologies and applications that require high data rates and stringent latency guarantees such as virtual and augmented reality. Approaches to resource management across protocol layers will be considered, ranging from physical layer to application layer issues. Of particular interest are resource allocation mechanisms based on optimization and learning that allow for the efficient allocation of network resources, the dissemination and exploitation of information, and for distributed computation. The applications can stem from any wireless scenario such as multicellular, 5G cloud-RAN, cognitive-radio or ad-hoc networks, and in existing or novel networking architectures, such as node-centric networking, information-centric networking or low-latency networks. Original contributions are solicited in, but not limited to, the following topics of interest:
- Age of Information in wireless networks.
- Resource allocation in fog/edge/cloud computing for wireless networks.
- Network optimization and learning.
- Spectrum sharing in millimeter-wave frequencies.
- Caching and data dissemination in wireless and mobile network.
- Online algorithms for interacting networks.
- Distributed scheduling/resource allocation and computing in large-scale wireless networks.
- Resource allocation and optimization in 5G wireless network.
- Mobile social network.
- Cooperation in mobile wireless network.
- Scaling laws and fundamental limits.
|Workshop Paper Registration
||February 1st, 2019, 23:59 PST
||February 8th, 2019, 23:59 PST
|Notification of acceptance
||March 22nd, 2019, 23:59 PST
|Camera ready and Registration
||April 5th, 2019, 23:59 PST
||June 03, 2019